Dear Members, Guests and Friends,
TM Aleta started us off with a heart-rending poem, "Time Goes By" by Crystal Lewis.
TM BeckyJo inspired us with MOMisms....
* TM Pam and her peers were not allowed in the house between June 1 and September 1, as pacted by Moms in Kafeeklatsches.
* TM Marie's Mom encouraged her to try things because "if others can do it, so can you."
* TM Tom still remembers his Mom's "early morning German" banging on the radiator to get Tom and his brother to come down for breakfast!
* TM Jorge hid shrimp in his pockets and dumped them outside and was caught by Grandma and his ploy was revealed - lots of pinches followed.
* TM Aleta had a saintly Mom who tried to teach her to be ladylike, but she was her Dad's daughter, learning to build, construct, fix engines, build tractors and the like.
* I, Ana, told my kids to go entertain themselves. My Mom asked me if I would jump off the bridge if my friends did and the answer was a rotund YES.
* TM Veronica had a great childhood outdoors and entertained herself, and is now instructing me to stop bingeing TV series and go play outdoors! She Won Best Table Topics Award.
* TM David's mother had a dream - husband and family- and did everything to protect and uphold that dream.
As far as prepared speeches go...
* I, Ana, recounted the origin and demise of Drive-In Movies, from inception to peak as Passion Pits to demise with the advent of color TV, DVDs, livestreaming and the rest.
* TM Pam emphasized the importance of speech introductions - control, credentials, attributes. Brag, boast, show off, make your Mother proud. She Won Most Improved Speaker Award.
Regarding evaluations...
* TM David liked my speech and suggested I upload the speech on my screen in Word so I can maintain good eye contact - or any eye contact with the audience, for that matter. I will definitely try it! He Won Best Evaluator Award.
* TM The Tom praised TM Pam for her carefully crafted speech on introductions and is taking her to another club where they are clueless about introductions.
The Word of the Day was
SCRUPULOUS, adj.
Careful to do what's honest and right
Careful to do something correctly
Example Our EarlyBird Club is scrupulous about our commitment to improve our speaking and leadership skills.
The link to the recording is...
See you next week!
Ana I.
Not-Always Scrupulous Recap Writer
No comments:
Post a Comment